OPPORTUNITIES BULLETIN #228 May 2022
N.B. The information below is
provided directly by the organizers of events, festivals,
audio-visual organizations or independent film projects. The Royal
Film Commission - Jordan (RFC) cannot be held accountable for it.
In this bulletin:
1. Job Vacancy at The Royal Film Commission – Jordan: Production
2. Call for submissions: Carthage Film Festival 2022
3. Call for submissions: The 10th Ajyal Film Festival
4. Call for submissions: Tripoli Film Festival (Lebanon) – 8th
5. Call for submissions: The 2022 Student Academy Awards
6. Call for applications: Connecting Stories Programme – Scottish
7. Call for Entries: Golden Apricot International Film Festival 2022
1. Job Vacancy at The Royal Film
Commission – Jordan: Production Services Coordinator
The Royal Film Commission – Jordan (RFC)
is seeking to fill the position of Production Services Coordinator.
This position is at the Production Department at the RFC and the
incumbent will report to the Production Services Department Manager.
Handling production projects, including: preparing forms and
applications, coordinating on
submittals as per applicable procedures. Monitoring and following-
up the progress of shooting
permits and approvals, communicating with the concerned parties in
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling any designated production project from start to
finish, as per the assigned tasks and when requested. Implementing
filing of all documents related to the procedures handled, and
preparing all official letters for permits, and other official
letters to concerned entities, including informing and liaising with
- Conducting set visits to provide support to production’s projects
within the locations under the jurisdiction of RFC.
- Keeping and managing filing systems and records, in both physical
and electronic forms, updating production logs, filing copies of
forms and submittals, as well as updating databases in a timely
manner and easy to retrieve.
- Sharing all Production Services Department (PSD) related external
communication with all PSD team members to ensure continuity of the
process for all projects.
- Assisting, based on needs and as per the instructions of direct
manager, in any task related to PSD hospitality for activities and
events of visiting production guests and companies. Working with the
team on preparations and logistics for FAM tours and other PSD
activities and events.
- Representing the RFC in filmmaking industry’s trade shows and
markets, as required and according to the department’s plans.
- Preparing studies, statistics and research data and requirements
for the PSD use, and as per the set guidelines, when needed.
- Processing Department of Customs related requests with the
concerned team members.
- Preparing and collecting data for the related components of PSD
monthly and annual reports. In addition to any specific PSD reports.
- Keeping track and ensuring to have comprehensive and up-to-date
information and data on filming’s procedures inside the country and
world-wide; updating data internally and sharing necessary
information with the filmmakers as needed.
- Preparing PSD announcements and gathering information from the
- Conducting and preparing surveys and discussion’s sessions related
to the film industry.
- Updating the production directory, including receiving and
reviewing applications, ensuring all necessary information and
documents are added and updated, and communicating with external
parties as needed.
- Keeping and handling filing systems including updating
productions’ logs, recording copies of forms and submittals, as well
as feeding the database in a timely manner to ensure that data are
easy to retrieve.
- Compiling and analyzing data, including breaking down statistics
and quantifying information as needed.
- Assisting in coordination for any awareness sessions related to
the film industry and filmmakers, including all logistical
preparations needed to conduct the sessions, preparing callouts,
distributing surveys and questionnaires, collecting data, and
preparing relevant reports.
- 3 - 5 years of experience, three of which related to the
filmmaking industry in Jordan.
- B.A. in business administration or a relevant field. A degree in
filmmaking is a plus.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent spoken and written English, in addition to Arabic.
- Good knowledge of the Kingdom and its main filming locations.
- Team spirit.
- Good at dealing with external interlocutors, be them foreign
producers or local entities.
- Willing to travel inside or outside the country whenever needed.
- Experience in film production is highly preferable.
- Film culture is desirable.
How to Apply:
Please send your application to the following email:
later than 19 May 2022 and indicate clearly in the subject of your
email the title of the position you are applying for.
2. Call for submissions: Carthage
Film Festival 2022
Save the date for the 33rd edition of
Carthage Film Festival (CFF), which will take place in the city of
culture Tunis from 29 October until 5 November 2022.
Keep an eye on the festival’s website as the submissions were open
as of 10th May:
CFF is committed to serve and promote African, Arab, Asian, and
Latin-American cinema, and welcomes contributions from other
countries and regions worldwide.
For inquiries, please contact: (+216) 70 02 83 67 / (+216) 70 02 83
(+216) 70 02 83 47
3. Call for submissions: The 10th
Ajyal Film Festival
Get ready for Ajyal 2022! The Doha
Film Institute presents the 2022 Special Edition of the Ajyal Film
Festival Jury Experience from 1–8 October 2022. Since its inception,
Ajyal has brought young people from around the world together in the
spirit of cultural exchange and creative interaction.
The Ajyal Jury Competition is the core component of the festival and
presents jurors aged 8-25 with the exciting opportunity to decide
Ajyal’s competition winners. Each of the three Ajyal Juries awards a
“Best Film prize” to their favorite short and feature-length films,
for a total of six awards. The directors of the winning films are
granted funding toward their next film, so jurors are empowered to
support and promote future content that is relevant and meaningful
This year’s format is a little different as our screenings will be
exclusively for Ajyal Jurors. Selected local films will also become
an integral part of the main competition for 2022 and will be
automatically entered into the next Made in Qatar Programme,
returning in 2023.
The official selection for the Ajyal Competition is divided into two
• A. The Feature Film Competition showcases a selection of narrative
and documentary films from around the world.
• B. The Short Film Competition features short narrative and
documentary films from around the world.
Ajyal Competition Sections 2022
• Mohaq (New Moon)
For jurors 8 to 12 years of age. A Feature and Short Film
Competition (documentary and narrative).
• Hilal (Crescent)
For jurors 13 to 17 years of age. A Feature and Short Film
Competition (documentary and narrative).
• Bader (Full Moon)
For jurors 18 to 25 years of age. A Feature and Short Film
Competition (documentary and narrative).
Please check the Terms and Conditions:
21 July 2022 – Ajyal Competition submissions close
25 August 2022 – applicants are advised of the status of their entry
For more information:
4. Call for submissions: Tripoli Film
Festival (Lebanon) – 8th Edition
The 8th edition of Tripoli Film
Festival (Lebanon) is planned to take place from September 22nd
until 29th, 2022. The Festival aims to promote the cultural heritage
of the city and its local artists.
Eligible Movies: Feature Film - 80 - 105 min / Short film - less
than 20 min / Animation - less than 20 min / Feature Documentary -
from 50 to 90 min / Short Documentary - less than 20 min.
Films completion dates should not be earlier than June 2021.
A film submission, to be considered as an entry, must be sent by the
producer/ director/ distributor (owner of the rights) through the
Festival’s online submission platforms only. Please check here:
For more details about the rules and regulations
Awards & Prizes
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Jury Special Award
Deadlines for submissions: Regular Deadline on 3 June 2022/ Late
Deadline on 24 June 2022.
For more information, please visit:
5. Call for submissions: The 2022
Student Academy Awards
Submissions are open to the 2022
Student Academy Awards (SAA) until 1 June 2022. The awards ceremony
will take place in October 2022.
(SAA) recognizes and honors student filmmakers, who demonstrate
excellence in the creation of motion pictures. By awarding these
outstanding achievements, the Academy strives to support and inspire
emerging filmmakers and to foster growth and education in the art
and science of motion pictures.
You can check the Rules and Regulations for Student Eligibility,
Film Eligiblity and Entry requirements through this link:
Awards Categories: Narrative, Documentary, Animation, or
Please note: the Student Academy Awards no longer distinguishes
between domestic (U.S.-based) schools and international (non-U.S.-based)
schools for categories. All eligible submissions, regardless of
where they are from, will qualify for the competition category the
filmmaker selects in their submission application.
Prizes: Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals (which include cash grants
of $5000, $3000 and $2000 respectively) may be awarded in each of
The deadline for submissions is on 1 June 2022.
To submit your film and for more information, please visit:
6. Call for applications:
Connecting Stories Programme – Scottish Documentary Institute
The application deadline for our
Connecting Stories programme has been extended!
The programme is seeking to capture as many filmmakers as possible
and you can now apply until Tuesday 17 May 2022.
Connecting Stories is a year long programme aimed to support
filmmakers in Africa, Asia and the Middle East with their first or
second feature. The programme runs from July 2022 to May 2023 with
monthly seminars and mentoring sessions.
Up to 12 participants will be selected to take part in various
online activities (group seminars, individual mentorship, industry
events) designed to help them grow their knowledge of the industry,
their confidence to navigate the international scene, to work with
co-producers and to put together the right material to pitch their
projects and apply for funding.
The support includes a £1,000 grant of support for selected
Find out more and apply to Connecting Stories on the website:
Connecting Stories - Scottish
Documentary Institute (scottishdocinstitute.com)
If you have any questions, please contact: