The Royal Film Commission – Jordan (RFC) invites you to take part in a short film competition entitled: “We are Jerusalem!”.
In the recent crisis over Jerusalem, this is an opportunity to tell the world – using films - our side of the story. We invite you to illustrate the strength of Jerusalem’s culture and encourage you to use your creativity, innovation, cultural sensitivity and intellect to produce short films with original content that can pass a universal message.
Rules & Regulations
- The competition is open to all ARAB directors (professional & amateur).
- Each director can submit one film only.
- The following genres are accepted: narrative, animation, experimental. Documentaries are not accepted.
- The film shouldn’t exceed 7 minutes.
- The film should have been produced in 2017 or 2018.
- Films are accepted in English or Arabic. If in any other language, the film must be subtitled in English &/or Arabic.
- Films can be submitted on DVD, Blu-Ray or online. Please check the details and requirements below.
- Films done on mobiles are eligible.
Monday, 16th of April 2018
Public Screening & Awards
A jury of professionals in the fields of film, media, social and political issues will select movies to be screened in Amman. Only short-listed films will be showcased publicly. Date of the screening will be announced later.
The jury will award two films:
1st prize: 3,500 Jordanian dinars (5,000 USD)
2nd prize: 1,500 Jordanian dinars (2,150 USD)
How to submit your film?
The applicant should be the rights owner of the film, either the director or the producer or the distributor.
- The applicant has to fill the submission form that can be found on the RFC’s website: http://www.film.jo/Gallery/Jerusalem/We-Are-Jerusalem-English.docx
- Please send the submission form to:
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Films can be submitted on DVD or Blu-ray. In this case, two copies of the film (which will not be returned) have to be sent or delivered to the following address:
Royal Film Commission
Att. Marian Nakho / Linda Shrafi
5, Omar bin Khattab Street
1st Circle – Amman
From Sunday to Thursday (9:00 AM – 4:30 PM)
- You can also submit your film online. Online video files should be sent as downloadable links through Sendspace.com, Google Drive or WeTransfer.
Video File Format: MPEG-4 H.264
Video File Resolution: 1080p or 720p
Please send the video file to:
For more information, please call the Royal Film Commission: T. +962 6 4642266 ext. 23 or ext. 15; or write to: email@example.com